The Government of Kenya has mandated funds in dormant accounts to be sent to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA).
KCB Bank Kenya LTD classifies a dormant/unclaimed account as an account where a customer has not made any transactions (deposits or withdrawals).
A KCB account is classified as follows based on inactivity:
- Inactive – after 6 months
- Dormant – after 2 years
- Unclaimed – after 5 years
All unclaimed funds in accounts will be sent to the UFAA upon expiry of the period.
To reactivate your inactive/dormant account, you will be required to:
- Visit a KCB Branch with your National Identification Card
- Fill in a reactivation form
- Make a deposit into your account.
For further assistance, kindly visit your nearest KCB Branch.
For more information on how to recover your funds from UFAA visit http://www.ufaa.go.ke/