The KCB football club, commonly known as “KCB FC” is another dynamic sports event sponsorship that is competitive and entertaining to watch. Formed in 1994, under the umbrella the KCB Sports Clubs. The team was founded to participate in the inter banks games. The professional outfit was formed by KCB staff members and recruitment/team tryouts process of youth from the Eastleigh area.
The Team climbed the ranks from division four to the Kenya Premier League:
- 1994 - The Team finished in the 2nd Position in the Nairobi Province Division Two League and earned Promotion to Division One
- 1995 - The Team finished in the 1st Position in the Nairobi Province Division one league and earned Promotion to Nairobi Super Two League
- 1996 - The Team won the Nairobi Super Two league and earned Promotion to the National Super League.
- 1997 - The Team finished in the Fifth position and didn’t qualify for the Premier League. In the same the year the Team reached the Moi Golden Cup Tournament Semi Finals and lost to Eldoret KCC Football Club, who were the eventual winners of the Cup
- 1998 - The Team won the National Super League and was promoted to the National Premier League.
- 1999 - Team finished 15th in the 20 Team National Premier League
- 2000 - Team finished in the 4th position in the National Premier League Zone B out of 12 Teams.
KCB football team has managed to stay in the Kenyan Premier League for 13 years and has managed to produce players who currently dominate the national football scene.
KCB youth system has produced players such as:
- Humphrey Miano- Harambee Stars/ Azam
- Joseph Shikokoti- Tusker FC/ Harambee Stars
- Edgar Ochieng “Edi” –SK Moelingen /Edwin Otieno
- Kiogera Paul Mungai – Gor Mahia/ Harambee Stars
Current Prospective Player who has donned national colors and is part of the KCB team.
- Jacob Keli
Why Sponsor Football?
Football is a key component to KCB as it engages youth from different social economic backgrounds to assist the youth unlock their sporting potential. KCB football is part of the CSR program developed in 1994 by the bank. The team is currently recruiting talented youth players to form an under 19 team to keep the dream of hundreds of youth in Kenya alive, as they I aim to emulate their predecessors and reach greater highest.